Fun Team Building Questionnaires for Remote Teams – Part 1
In today’s modern workplace, teamwork plays a significant role in achieving success. Team building activities help promote communication, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. With remote work becoming the new norm, virtual team building activities are now more important than ever.
Fun and engaging questionnaires are a great way to build rapport and foster a sense of community among team members. It’s also easy and can be done remotely. If you want to incorporate questionnaires into your next meeting or event, you can try these topics below:
Favorite Movies or TV Shows
This questionnaire can be a great icebreaker activity. Ask team members to submit their favorite movies or TV shows anonymously. Compile the list, and then create a game where they have to guess which TV show or movie another team member is describing based on a few clues. Below are some questions that you can include:
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite TV show to watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon?
- What’s the last movie you watched that made you cry?
- What’s your guilty pleasure movie or TV show?
- What’s a movie or TV show you’ve watched multiple times?
Funny Childhood Memories
In this virtual game for office, encourage team members to share their funny childhood stories. Compile all the stories and read them out loud during the next team meeting. The team members will guess which colleague submitted the story. Make sure to keep it light and fun. Here are five sample questions to get you started:
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever done as a child?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in school?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s the funniest prank you’ve ever pulled on someone?
- What’s the most ridiculous outfit you’ve ever worn?
Yay or Nay
This questionnaire is a fun way to learn more about your team members’ likes and dislikes. Ask them to submit their list anonymously but keep a record for themselves. Compile the list and share it with the team. The person with the most matches wins. Here’s a list of questions that you can include in your questionnaire:
- Do you have a soft spot for a particular type of food?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- Do you have any pet peeves that drive you crazy?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Do you prefer tea or coffee?
Fun team building questionnaires are an easy and effective way to build camaraderie and promote communication among team members. Whether it’s sharing favorite movies or TV shows, funny childhood memories, or soft spots and pet peeves, these questionnaires are a great way to get to know your team members better.
Encourage your team to incorporate fun virtual team building activities into their routine, and watch as your team grows stronger and more cohesive. We still have three more questionnaire ideas in the next article, so stay tuned for that. We hope that you can use these to boost your team’s morale and engagement.
Let us help bring your remote teams together with a virtual team building event. At BreakoutIQ, we design interactive experiences that promote creative problem-solving and collaboration toward a common goal. Contact us today to schedule your event, and let us host your games so you can focus on having fun.