BreakoutIQ is looking for virtual event hosts to lead our corporate team-building events. Our activities currently include virtual puzzle-based escape room games, scavenger hunts, game shows, trivia nights, and pitch competitions.
We’re looking to add to our team ahead of a busy December holiday event schedule.
While this is a fully remote role, we do require you to have a legal place of residence in either New York State or California at this time.
This role is expected to start on 11/7, with the following breakdown:
- 11/7 – 12/5: 10 – 15 hours / week of training and occasional events
- 12/5 – 12/23: A very busy event schedule. We ask you to keep your schedule as free as possible during this time. Workload is expected to range between 20 to 40 hours / week, with schedules determined in an ongoing manner as each event is booked and staffed.
- After 12/23: We’ll reassess and discuss to see if there is a fit for an ongoing role in a more limited capacity. However, please plan on this being a seasonal role.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Enthusiasm and an engaging communication style
- Experience with event facilitation and comfort working with large groups
- Interpersonal skills to work with groups from a variety of roles and industries
- Confidence and calm presence in hectic/busy event settings
- Familiarity with Zoom’s core features and general proficiency with SaaS tools
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks
WHAT A BREAKOUTIQ VIRTUAL EVENT HOST DOES:
- Host and facilitate lively team-building activities – almost always with one or more co-hosts
- Manage Zoom and other video conferencing tools to welcome attendees, manage their movement between Breakout Rooms and main sessions, and screenshare presentations
- Be a lively host during sign on and recap times, engaging participants and making sure they understand and enjoy the activity
- Monitor our scoreboards and facilitator tools to provide personalized hints and support to teams during gameplay
- Works with stable internet connection in a quiet, distraction free environment
- Flexible hours, fully remote work
- Occasional internal team building activities with the rest of our team
- Passionate and driven team – we don’t forget to have fun!
- Time Frame: 11/7/22 expected start
- Schedule: All events are on weekdays. Most events are between 9 am and 6 pm in your time zone, with occasional events falling outside of these hours
- Occasional non-event hours, including 1:1s, training, testing new activities, and more
- Compensation: $25 – 30 / Hr (based on experience)
BreakoutIQ was born from a desire to transform team-building by creating immersive experiences that inspire collaborative critical thinking, problem solving, and most importantly, fun for the entire team!
Our core design principles:
- Creative Problem Solving: at the root of all our activities
- Inclusivity: our activities are meant to accommodate groups of all ages and backgrounds
- High Engagement: we blend critical thinking with creative challenges within our games
- Portability and Scalability: we simplify logistics for our clients and can accommodate all group sizes
- Customizable Content: our flexible frameworks allow us to personalize each activity to our clients
We are looking to build a team that is equally passionate about our mission to deliver exciting, unique, and unforgettable activities.
- Actors, Actresses, and all other Performers
- Improv Artists or Comedians
- Teaching Artist
- Camp Counselor