The era of hybrid teams where some teammates are onsite while others work remotely is here! With it comes new challenges to the age-old question of how to keep team members feeling connected and part of a unified whole. We’ve been working hard to meet that challenge and bring our signature team building activities to this unique team structure.
We’re happy to offer the options below according to your specific team setup and team building goals. When booking your hybrid event, please let us know how your team is setup and our event coordinators will be in touch to finalize the specific details of your event.
How It Works
Together but Separate
If all of your onsite participants will be joining from separate laptops, here’s what we recommend they do:
- Bring headphones (to prevent audio interference)
- Place as much distance between each other as possible
- Mute their microphones when not speaking
- Keep their laptop speakers as low as possible while still being audible
If you don’t need teams to contain both onsite and remote participants, then the event will run largely like our standard remote team activity.
If you do want teams to contain both onsite and remote participants, then all the attendees will need to be placed in pre-designated teams prior to the event.
Same Space and Login
If your onsite participants will be joining via the same screen and camera (ex. the main projector and camera in a conference room), we’ll need to know the locations and sizes of the onsite clusters.
- Clusters of 1-2 will be asked to identify themselves and placed on a team with 2 or more remote attendees.
- Clusters of 3-6 will be asked to identify themselves and placed on the same team. At least one person in each cluster should bring a laptop.
- Clusters of 7 or more*, will be split into teams, separate from the remote attendees. We recommend everyone bring their own laptops or, at minimum, their phones. The onsite teams will need to huddle together, so we recommend setting up the physical space to accommodate this.
*Unfortunately our escape room activity is not possible for onsite clusters of this size who are sharing the same screen and camera
Questions before you book?