BreakoutIQ, located in San Francisco, is looking for a sales and event coordinator to lead the planning and booking of our corporate team building events with prospective clients,
Our activities currently include puzzle-based escape room games, scavenger hunts, trivia nights, and team workshops focused on communication and problem solving.
We are also expanding into a weekly game for ongoing team engagement, and monthly or quarterly team building programs for clients.
WHAT A BREAKOUTIQ SALES & EVENT COORDINATOR DOES:
- Inbound Sales: Manage event requests from interested clients with a responsive and accommodating approach. We expect you to manage the majority of our pipeline from request to close, ranging from 20-30 new requests / week. Build understanding, effectiveness, and efficiency across our sales processes and pipeline
- Event Coordination: Understand clients’ event goals, and work with them to offer the best combination of BreakoutIQ activity, partner venue, catering selection (only needed occasionally), and any other requests within their budget to deliver a memorable team outing.
- Networking Events: Represent BreakoutIQ at networking events, conferences, expos, and more, both as an attendee and sponsor. Goals include lead generation, partnerships, and market research on new product ideas.
- Additional, Secondary Parts of the Role:
- Contribute to improvements in our sales processes and systems
- We have some partnerships with organizations like the Oakland A’s, SFTA, and Exploratorium. Help run demo events for interested partners and maintain ongoing relationships.
- We believe in our sales team having an intimate knowledge of our product offering. During your training, you’ll go through our events training and assist our events team as a secondary member. After, you’ll have a minor ongoing role on our events team to remain connected to our products and customers
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Experience (2 years or more) in event management, event sales, business development, sales, customer success, or account management
- Willingness to help across the business and be flexible in an ever-changing startup landscape. This hire will be one of the leads and more senior team members in operating the core team building activity business.
- Enthusiasm and an engaging communication style
- Familiarity with CRM tools, Google Drive, Excel, and other SaaS products
- Interpersonal skills to work with clients and partners from a variety of roles and industries
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple tasks
PERKS and BENEFITS:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Monthly internal team building activities!
- Flexible hours and possible remote work
- Opportunity for advancement available – we offer internal mobility to grow into upward roles or new roles across the business
- Passionate and driven team – we don’t forget to have fun!
- Time Frame: Immediate Start
- Commitment: Full Time
- Compensation: $55 – 70K (based on experience) with opportunity for increases and bonuses (based on both individual and business performance)
BreakoutIQ was born from a desire to transform team-building by creating immersive experiences that inspire collaborative critical thinking, problem solving, and most importantly, fun for the entire team!
Our core design principles:
- Creative Problem Solving: at the root of all our activities
- Inclusivity: our activities are meant to accommodate groups of all ages and backgrounds
- High Engagement: we blend critical thinking with creative challenges within our games
- Portability and Scalability: we simplify logistics for our clients and can accommodate all group sizes
- Customizable Content: our flexible frameworks allow us to personalize each activity to our clients
We are looking to build a team that is equally passionate about our mission to deliver exciting, unique, and unforgettable activities.
- Event management
- Event sales
- Business development
- Customer success
- Account management